I have finished the baby blanket with matching beanie and am well pleased. I like the colours because it looks like it is for a baby but it is light and cheerful. I started with my afghans and then sewed those together and crocheted around those. I sewed the bigger blocks together and double crocheted around those. I included 3 rows of puff stitch just to create a bit of a change. I sewed white polar fleece on as a backing because it is so soft and then double crocheted around the edge. The beanie is the baby beanie I blogged about and I used my new pom pom maker to make a colourful pom pom for it. I am happy with the colours and have had some good feedback on this. The squares for the blanket needed blocking so they would sit properly. It was worth it. It is two and three ply yarn and a 3.50 crochet hook. The beanie was made from knitting tow strands of two ply together on number 10 (3.25) needles. Today the blanket and beanie go to their new owner.