My daughter brought me some of her T shirts and asked me if I could make quilts from them. I was pleased she wanted to upcycle her T shirts. We sorted them out and there were enough there to make a Dr. Who quilt , some for another quilt and then two which will be turned onto a bag. It's a nice challenge. My first job was to cut the T shirts and then stabilise the designs on to cotton fabric which I did with some machine embroidery stitches and turquoise cotton. K9 will have his own special block which is not yet finished. I then decided on the fan blocks and I have secured those two at a time onto dark blue material. I really love the effect of the fan blocks. I then decided on the steps and spirals block. I am going to have to make some strips of smaller blocks to be fillers but that will add another dimension to the quilt before I pin it all together. I have loved making this quilt.It has been a very creative and enjoyable journey with some good challenges. I put the lay out on Instagram today so my daughter could see what I was thinking. Luckily , she likes what I am doing so I am now ready to get into the home run on this quilt. I haven't pushed it. I have just let the ideas develop. It all started with my stash of blue and her T Shirts!